My Muh-Muhs Shawl has made it to the blocking board! I’m really happy with the outcome, I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about a bulky weight shawl! The pattern was designed for bulky yarn so perhaps that helps. Scaling up a fingering weight pattern isn’t quite the same. There’s a lot to be lost in translation.
I followed the pattern as designed – no mods. I would change the actual pattern if I was the designer though. The lace is not charted. That makes me a little crazy. I feel bad for the staunch chart haters. It’s so helpful to see how stitches stack from one row to the next. I love charts. I wish this pattern had included a chart. Oh well. I managed to survive.
The remarkable part of this project is the yarn. Taria Tweed, a 40% merino, 30% silk, 30% llama. It’s lovely. I really enjoyed it. Sadly, that means it’s been discontinued. D’oh! That’s what I get for letting it linger in the stash so long before using it. I have no idea how THAT happened…
This is the 2016 Stash Flash from January. I blacked out what I’ve used so far this year. I’ve still got some work to do. :)