I’ve created a monster…and I couldn’t be more pleased!
Just like that, I’m back down to 8! This was the pinnacle of instant gratification knitting! I’m always a little hesitant when it comes to faces. I got lucky with this one though…I dug through my button stash and found these two little eyes! I had no idea they were in there! I inherited a gallon ziploc bag full of buttons a couple years back and it’s been the magic stash…every time I go digging, I find just exactly what I need!
Instead of complaining about working a hat flat and seaming it, I’ll say it’s really nice to have fully jogless stripes! I’ve tried all the tricks in the round and they’re all just okay. So, seaming has that going for it. The selvedge stitch lump isn’t ideal but I’m too lazy to worry about intarsia in the round. Maybe if I scale this up for myself some day…
Mostly though, I love the result so all the little fiddly bits are worth it. This hat practically fell off the needles by itself. It’s not as though it’s a giant sweater. I can’t wait to make a few monsters now! This will not be my last Rebecca Danger pattern!